Getting Started with R2PRO
- 1. Double male USB data cable.
- 2. MicroUSB cable or usb to ttl cable if you need debug.
- 3. Windows or Linux PC.
- 4. Download the latest android image, and confirm that the md5 checksum is correct.
Install Image with Usb Download Tool
1. Download and install Rockchip USB driver
2. Download Rockchip USB Download Tool
- This tool defaults language is Chinese. you can change it to English after extract the package. Open RKDevTool_Release_v2.84/config.ini with an text editor (like notepad). The starting lines are:
#Language Selection: Selected=1(Chinese); Selected=2(English) [Language] Kinds=2 Selected=1 LangPath=Language\
3. Open RKDevTool.exe, Switch to the “upgrade firmware” page. Press the “firmware” button to open the image file to be upgraded. The upgrade tool displays detailed firmware information.
4. Disconnect power adapter, connect dual male usb cable from the top usb host port to PC.
5. There have two usb download mode for image upgrade.
- Uboot Usb Download Mode (loader mode)
- It's supposed to use this way if board already flashed a bootable uboot before.
- Maskrom Usb Download Mode
- Press the Recovery button or Maskrom button beside 3pin uart header and hold, connect the power adapter or press the RST button if power adapter already connected, about two seconds later, release the button. PC will Identify the device if RK usb driver installed correctly.
6. Press the “upgrade” button to start the upgrade.
7: If the upgrade fails, you can try to erase the Emmc by pressing the EraseFlash button first, and then upgrade image again.
1. Download Linux USB Download Tool, And install it into the system as follows commands:
$ unzip Linux_Upgrade_Tool_xxxx.zip $ cd Linux_UpgradeTool_xxxx $ sudo mv upgrade_tool /usr/local/bin $ sudo chown root:root /usr/local/bin/upgrade_tool $ sudo chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/upgrade_tool
2. Check the windows download processes, enter the right usb download mode and upgrade image firmware with this command:
$ sudo upgrade_tool uf update.img
3: If the upgrade fails, try erasing the emmc and upgrade again.
$ sudo upgrade_tool ef update.img
# upgrade again $ sudo upgrade_tool uf update.img
Install Image with SDcard
1. Download Rockchip SDDiskTool.
2. Insert microSD card to Windows PC, 8GB sdcard size at least.
3. Run SD_Firmware_Tool, check the “Upgrade Firmware” box and select the correct removable disk device, Choose firmware image, then Click Create button to make it and wait until it is finshed
4. Safely remove the microSD card, insert it into the R2pro board, power on the board, it will start upgrading automatically.
5. After the upgrade, you can see the following info on screen, remove the microSD card and the board will restart automatically to complete the whole process of firmware update.
Build Android Source Code
- 1. Get Android source code
$ git clone https://github.com/Dangku/BPI-Rockchip-Android11 --depth=1
- 2. Build the Android Source code
- Please read the source code README.md
USB OTG Mode Switch
The top usb port is a usb 3.0 otg port, but without hw id pin, it only can be used as host or peripheral.The release image set host mode default, but you can change it in Settings
1. Tablet variant image
- Settings->Connected devices->USB Connect to PC, switch on is peripheral mode and switch off is host mode.
2. Box variant image
- Go to Settings->Device Preferences->About, tap "Build" seven times to enable "Developer options" preference. Then back to Settings->Device Preferences->Developer options.Switch on is peripheral mode and switch off is host mode.