Difference between revisions of "Banana Pi BPI-R64"
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
Revision as of 19:17, 24 December 2018
The Banana Pi R64 is a router based development board, which can run on a variety of open source operating systems including OpenWrt,Linux. It has 4 Gigabit LAN ports, 1 Gigabit WAN, and AC wifi AP function. use 64 bit chip design
Note: this board doesn't have HDMI interface
Highly integrated 4x4 802.11n and Bluetooth 5.0 platform with dedicated Network Accelerator MediaTek MT7622 is the world’s first with 4x4n 802.11n/Bluetooth 5.0 system-on-chip designed and built for premium networking devices across several applications including routers/repeaters, home automation gateways, wireless audio, and wireless storage. The highly versatile chipset provides a single platform for popular 4X4 dual-band and tri-band routers/repeaters, providing maximum flexibility for manufacturers looking to build top-tier networking devices. The platform pairs high performance and extensively integrated functionality with a cost-effective approach.
The MT7622 contains MediaTek’s Adaptive Network technology that allows for easy setup, network self-healing, roaming, band steering, Smart quality of service, advanced security and more. For audio and voice control applications, essential audio interfaces such as I2S, TDM and S/PDIF are included. And for Home Automation Gateways there is a rich array of slow I/O in addition to the integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Zigbee co-existence.
Powered by a 64-bit dual-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor clocked at 1.35GHz, the MT7622 provides a host of advanced connectivity options like SGMII/RGMII, PCIe, and USB, and 4X4 802.11n FEM integration. Extending the platform with 802.11ac to meet additional markets is simply done via MT7615 SoC.
The MT7622 introduces several best-in-class features such as Bluetooth 5.0 and a dedicated Network Accelerator engine with the MediaTek Wi-Fi Warp Accelerator, storage accelerator (SATA 3.0/eSATA Gen2) and HNAT HQoS calculations are offloaded from the CPU, lowering overall power-use and freeing up resources to avoid any potential slow-downs.
The advantage of the MediaTek Wi-Fi Warp Accelerator is two-fold. Firstly it connects the Gigabit+ class 802.11ac networking through to the Gigabit switch/WAN connection via multi-Gigabit internal pathways, ensuring no bottleneck. Secondly, its specialized design not only offloads the CPU from many-user throughput and QoS calculations, it does so at lower power. The result is the MediaTek Wi-Fi Warp Accelerator maintains a sustained high-performance when even supporting multiple, simultaneous heavy users.
Integrated Bluetooth allows for a direct, local wireless connection via App for easy configuration of the router/Wi-Fi settings. The latest Bluetooth 5.0 quadruples range and doubles speed versus previous 4.x technologies, allowing new and innovative possibilities.
- MediaTek MT7622,1.35GHZ 64 bit dual-core ARM Cortex-A53
- 1G DDR3 SDRAM
- Mini PCIE interface support 4G module
- built-in 4x4n 802.11n/Bluetooth 5.0 system-on-chip
- MTK7615 4x4ac wifi on board
- support 1 SATA interface
- MicroSD slot supports up to 256GB expansion
- 8G eMMC flash (option 16/32/64G)
- 5 port 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet port
- (1) USB 3.0
- Slow I/O:ADC, Audio Amplifier, GPIO, I2C, I2S, IR, PMIC I/F, PWM, RTC, SPI, UART
- POE function support
|HardWare Specification of Banana pi BPI-M2 Ultra|
|CPU||MediaTek MT7622,1.35GHZ 64 bit dual-core ARM Cortex-A53|
|SDRAM||1 GB DDR3|
|SATA||support 1 SATA interface|
|GPIO||40 Pins Header, 28×GPIO, some of which can be used for specific functions including UART, I2C, SPI, PWM, I2S.|
|On board Network||5 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet|
|Wifi||built-in 4x4n 802.11n (800Mbps) sysem-on-chip and MTK7615 4x4ac wifi Module (1733Mbps) on board|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0 system-on-chip|
|On board Storage||MicroSD \(TF\) card,8GB eMMC onboard|
|mini PCIE||1 mini pcie interface for 4G|
|USB||1 USB 3.0 host|
|Leds||Power status Led and RJ45 Led|
|IR||onboard IR receiver|
|DC Power||5V/2A with DC in|
|POE||support POE module interface,can add POE module|
|Sizes||148 mm × 100.5mm|
we design PoE function for BPI-R64 ,so easy to add PoE module to support PoE function,PoE modue can support IEEE 802.3bt PoE standard ,Max support 12V/3A to power BPI-R64
more PoE module spec
BPI-R64 GPIO Pin define
- MTK 7622 chip : https://www.mediatek.com/products/homeNetworking/mt7622
- MT7622_Reference_Manual_for_Develope_Board(BPi) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cW8KQmmVpwDGmBd48KNQes9CRn7FEgBb/view?usp=sharing
- The best news is that the final patchset version for HNAT framework was accepted ( kernel 4.16) and it's based on nftables.: https://www.spinics.net/lists/netfilter-devel/msg50973.html
- 2018-12-11 update This release is for banana pi R64 board which is based on Mtk 7622, Debian 8 AARCH64 is based on kernel 4.4.92
- Features Map: http://wiki.banana-pi.org/Getting_Started_with_R64
- Google Drive : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xnz327Mm24WoVwAsj4yPPek09bP3yv7P
- Baidu Drive : https://pan.baidu.com/s/1AdCM9lTuWP9oXiOE2qGsDw
- md5sum : 4b43980375c3f9692c1f0585ca6b541a
- discuss on forum:http://forum.banana-pi.org/t/banana-pi-bpi-r64-new-image-debian-8-11-aarch64-release-2018-12-11/7447